Thursday, July 21, 2011

We made it to San Francisco!

We spent today riding various forms of public transportation.  BART (subway), MUNI trolley, a double decker tour bus and the free hotel shuttle (yeah, I know that one's not PT).  We saw lots of Vespas and other scooters and I'm glad I don't live in a large city!  I would definitely be one of the folks riding the Vespa instead of depending upon public transportation.  I appreciate that it is there and is cheaper than driving to work, but the waiting and the going up and down stairs to get to the stations is a killer.  Then, the car that we got on this afternoon on the subway must have been 100 degrees.  And the high in San Fran today was probably 70!

It was a gorgeous day here!  We even saw most of the Golden Gate Bridge.  We rode one of those double decker tour buses around SF and crossed over the GG Bridge.  It was unbelieveably windy!

Our flight to Vancouver got moved up so we will have to leave SF earlier than we expected.  That means no more touring.  Guess we'll have to come back out another time to get up close and personal with my favorite city.

No comments:

Post a Comment